|I N G R E D I E N T S :|
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 150g of butter
- 225g of milk chocolate
- 150g of sugar (caster)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g of plain flour
- 40g of cocoa powder
FOR THE CHEESECAKE MATCHA:
- 1 tbsp of Tea Lab's Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- 220g of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 120g of white chocolate (to melt)
- 75g of caster sugar
|I N S T R U C T I O N S :|
Pre-heat your oven to 175°C and grease a square baking pan.
FOR THE BROWNIE MIXTURE:
1. In a medium bowl, melt the milk chocolate and butter together.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy, then add the eggs and sugar mix until fully combined.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa mixture gently into the egg mix until combine into a smooth batter.
4. Add the vanilla extract and pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the pre-greased tin, ensuring the batter is spread to the edges.
FOR THE MATCHA CHEESECAKE MIXTURE:
1. Beat the cream cheese using a food mixer until smooth and creamy at a medium speed.
2. Stop the mixer and sift 1 tbsp of Tea Labs Organic Ceremonial Matcha into the cream cheese and beat until fluffy (2-3 minutes)
3. Add the melted white chocolate and 1 egg - beat until creamy and well combined.
FINAL STEPS TO CREATE MARBLE EFFECT:
1. Add the finished matcha cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mix to create a smooth even layer.
2. Add the remaining 1/4 of the brownie batter on top of the matcha cheesecake layer in tablespoon dollops. Then using a sharp knife, swirl the brownie batter into the matcha cheesecake to create a marbled pattern.
3. Bake the brownies in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, and then let cool.
4. Keep brownies refrigerated so they last longer.