Chai Syrup Pancakes
with chocolate chips + walnuts
- 400g of self raising flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 50g of butter
- 400ml of milk
- 100g of sugar for syrup
- 2 tablespoons of Brick Lane Chai tea
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar into a bowl. Then add eggs, melted butter and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- Let the batter stand for a few minutes. Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add a knob of butter until melted. Pour a ladel of batter into the centre of the pan and wait until small bubbles appear on the surface.
- Gently turn over the pancake until golden brown and have risen about 1.5cm in height.
Chai Syrup Instructions:
- Using a pestle and mortar, crush 2 tablespoons of Brick Lane chai tea to release the flavour from the whole spices. Then add 100ml of water to a saucepan and add 100g of sugar on a medium heat.
- Add the crushed chai tea to the pot and leave to infuse and boil for approximately 10 minutes. Leave to cool for an additional 5 minutes.
- Infuse out the tea and spices using a strainer and leave to cool. Pour over your pancakes and enjoy!