Hibiscus Eton Mess
with hibiscus cream + syrup
- 40g of clotted cream
- 200g of sugar
- 250ml of water
- 4/5 strawberries
- 30g of hibiscus loose leaf tea
- 1 meringue nest
- Add 200g of sugar into a saucepan and then add 250ml of water, heat up and stir until dissolved. Then add 3/4 of a jar of Tea Lab's hibiscus tea into the saucepan (around 30g) and keep on a medium heat for around 15 minutes.
- Strain the leaves from the syrup using a sieve and leave in the fridge to cool.
- Break your meringue into pieces, slice the strawberries and set aside for later.
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of the hibiscus syrup to the clotted cream and stir until the cream is pink, continue to add the syrup until you get the desired pink colour.
- Construct your eton mess using the pink cream, strawberries, meringue pieces and hibiscus syrup!