Classic Iced Tea
with fruit syrup
- 2 x tablespoons of breakfast tea (12 g)
- 1 litre of water
- 1 lemon
- Fruit syrup to taste (Monin syrup works well)
- Mint and fresh fruit to garnish.
- MAKES APPROX 4-5 DRINKS
- Boil water add 200ml to cover the tea for 1 minute to flash brew then add the remaining 800ml of cold water, refrigerate for 2 hours minimum, longer for a stronger taste.
- Taste and strain. Add lemon juice and syrup to taste - the idea is to balance the lemon and syrup, citrus/sweet to make it refreshing, but still retain the taste of the tea.
- Add fresh fruit and mint to garnish. Using seasonal fruit availability this recipe can easily be adapted.
- TIP: You can make iced cubes from any left over iced tea. This stops the drinks from diluting.