INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR BROWNIE MIX:
- 150g of butter
- 225g of milk chocolate
- 150g of sugar (caster)
- 2 eggs
- 1tbsp of vanilla extract
- 70g of plain flour
- 40g of cocoa powder
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR CHEESECAKE MATCHA:
- 1 tbsp of Tea Lab's Organic Ceremonial Matcha
- 220g of cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 120g of white chocolate (to melt)
- 75g of caster sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 175°C and grease a square baking pan.
- FOR THE BROWNIE MIXTURE: In a medium bowl, melt the milk chocolate and butter together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until fluffy, then add the eggs and sugar mix until fully combined.
- Sift the flour and cocoa mixture gently into the egg mix until combine into a smooth batter.
- Add the vanilla extract and pour 3/4 of the brownie batter into the pre-greased tin, ensuring the batter is spread to the edges.
- FOR THE CHEESECAKE MIXTURE: Beat the cream cheese using a food mixer until smooth and creamy at a medium speed.
- Stop the mixer and sift 1 tbsp of Tea Labs Organic Ceremonial Matcha into the cream cheese and beat until fluffy (2-3 minutes)
- Add the melted white chocolate and 1 egg - beat until creamy and well combined.
FINAL STEPS TO CREATE THE MARBLE TEXTURE:
- Add the finished matcha cheesecake mixture on top of the brownie mix to create a smooth even layer.
- Add the remaining 1/4 of the brownie batter on top of the matcha cheesecake layer in tablespoon dollops.
- Then using a sharp knife, swirl the brownie batter into the matcha cheesecake to create a marbled pattern.
- Bake the brownies in the oven for approximately 30 minutes, and then let cool.
- Keep brownies refrigerated so they last longer & enjoy!