Hibiscus Gin Sour
gin + hibiscus syrup
- 100ml of gin
- 10g of Organic hibiscus tea
- 2 tbsp of caster sugar
- 40ml of lemon juice
- 2 egg whites, or vegan option - 40ml chickpea water (works just as well as egg white & makes a great vegan cocktail)
- 60ml of simply syrup (equal parts water and sugar)
- Optional: edible flowers to garnish
Instructions: makes 2 cocktails
- Add 2 rounded teaspoons of Hibiscus tea into 100ml of your favourite gin. Infuse for at least 3 hours, overnight if you want a stronger flavour.
- Using a fine tea strainer, strain off the infusion and your hibiscus gin is ready.
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker (hibiscus gin infusion with lemon juice, simple syrup, and egg white or chickpea water) Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Using a strainer, pour ingredients through into a cocktail glass. Garnish with edible flowers, and enjoy!